If your surgeon determines you need a procedure or surgery, this surgery will be scheduled by your physicians’ office at City Place Surgery Center. A staff member will contact you no later than 48 hours in advance of your surgery to give you an exact procedure/surgery time, instructions, and to complete a brief health history.
If you have not heard from an City Place Surgery Center staff member and your surgery/procedure is less than 48 hours away, please call 314-872-7100.
Please arrive 1 hour prior to your scheduled procedure/surgery time, unless otherwise advised. Remember, you will need a responsible adult to drive you home.
The instructions below are provided to patients as general guidelines. Your physician may also provide instructions specific to the procedure being performed. Contact the center with any questions.
What To Do Before Surgery …
- Please bring applicable and completed Patient Forms
- Please bring any paperwork you may have received from your surgeon’s office. Please complete any paperwork prior to arrival.
- Please be aware you will be required to sign a consent form for your surgery.
- Please bring your insurance card with you and a form of photo identification.
- Do not smoke immediately before or after receiving an anesthetic. Smoking may interfere with the anesthetic and frequently produces nausea during the recovery period.
- It is your responsibility to make advance arrangements for a responsible adult to drive you home and remain with you for the first 24 hours after surgery. You may not drive yourself, be left alone, or leave the facility in public transportation unless accompanied by an adult. Failure to meet these guidelines could result in the cancellation of your procedure. We prefer the driver remain in the surgery center during the procedure.
- If you wear contact lenses or glasses, bring a case for their safe keeping. We provide containers for removable dentures and bridgework.
- Please shower or bathe prior to your surgery.
- Please remove all makeup.
- Wear casual and comfortable clothing and low-heeled shoes. Wear something that is easy to change and will allow for bandages following surgery.
- For patients having elbow or shoulder surgery, please wear a button-down shirt.
- A patient gown will be provided.
- Leave jewelry and other valuables at home.
- Please bring a list of prescription medications you are currently taking.
- Your family may wait in our lobby and rejoin you upon discharge. Please limit the number of people who accompany you. We suggest that adult patients be accompanied by only person to preserve the comfort of all visitors. Pediatric patients can be accompanied by both parents.
- Parents/guardians of minor patients must remain in the surgery center during the patient’s entire stay.
- Pediatric patients are encouraged to bring a favorite stuffed animal or security blanket for added reassurance.
- If you hold power of attorney or guardianship over a patient, you MUST bring a copy of a durable medical POA or Guardianship papers in order to sign consents for that patient.